The Co-op moved around town until it expanded and settled on King Street in 1923
Blackbird & Sun Street businesses
There were once no less than four bakers on Sun Street.
The blacksmith’s forge used to be where the public toilets and #Mechanic garage are now – note the bell tower of the Fire station (now the Community Centre) in the background
Some of the Market Square businesses
Omar Bartle’s buses lined up outside his premises on the Market Square